On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 12:04:52PM +0200, Martin Sluka via Therion wrote:

> > 13. 7. 2022 v 11:14, A.M. van Rosmalen <a.m.vanrosma...@gmx.net>:
> >
> >  data diving station depth length bearing
>
> There is missing from station to station information:
> From Survey manual:

Martin seems to be quoting the Surve*x* manual here, so while I can't
really speak for what Therion supports here, it seems to follow Survex
here so I guess I should respond about what Survex supports and why.

The problem with the example given is that the supported interleaved
style looks like this (with the first and last being station specific):

  <station specific readings>
  <inter-station readings>
  <station specific readings>
  <inter-station readings>
  <station specific readings>
  <inter-station readings>
  <station specific readings>

In the original example given in this thread, "station" and "depth" are
specific to a station, while "length" and "bearing" are measured between
stations, so it would need to be rewritten - this works in Survex format
(therion you probably just need to drop the "*"):

*data diving station depth newline length bearing
GTENC0001        36.3
0.45    257.6
GTENC0002        36.2
0.26    248.6
GTENC0003        36.2
; commented out because incomplete: 0.52    233.3

Note the final length and bearing can't be processed without a
corresponding final station and its depth to make a complete set of
data for the final leg.

As to why the newline is required, the supported style was based on
examples I'd seen of this style, and note taking in this style seems to
naturally lead people to grouping the readings like this, e.g. from a
random web search result:

https://southerncaliforniagrotto.com/graphics/resmap2.jpg

I don't think it's ever come up before that someone wanted interleaved
data but with the station and inter-station data all on a single line.
It could probably be supported (though I think it would need to be
limited to still requiring all inter-station readings after the station
specific ones because the final line has only station specific
readings), but you said your data is computer generated so tweaking the
code which generates the data to write a newline after the depth would
get you there much quicker.

Cheers,
    Olly