------- Original Message -------

On Wednesday, September 14th, 2022 at 5:17 PM, Bruce Mutton <br...@tomo.co.nz>
wrote:

> I’ve been dabbling with WTherion, and while it is progressing well and
> looking very good in many respects, it is flagged as a sort term interim
> project (on [Matrix](https://app.element.io/#/room/)) and I see some
> high-level challenges:
>
> - it seems a document must be saved in three places for it to be an enduring
> part of a mapping project:
>
> - a browser cache (required, and visible only to a particular browser on a
> particular device)
> - a json file (if you want to store or share the document (presumably)
> without loss of fidelity)
> - a th2 file (if you wish to compile the document using Therion)
> - In a multi-user project, unless everyone uses the workflow [WTherion open
> json, edit, export th2, compile Therion] there will be loss of fidelity.
> ie if some users choose [XTherion open th2, edit, compile Therion] then the
> WTherion users must ‘know’ to import from th2. This will result in loss of
> fidelity, especially where there are xvi files in the th2.
>
> For me multi-user and version-controlled storage are prerequisites for any
> mapping projects, and because it seems for most users, (readers of this forum
> excepted of course) both Therion and version control are significant
> challenges, any drawing editor should fit seamlessly into the existing
> Therion environment. Most likely this means it should read and write th2
> files natively.
>
> Please tell me if I am wrong. As a self-taught dabbler I am only too happy to
> be shown the error in my thinking.
>
> Anyway, I got to thinking about Mapiah.
>
> I think the development for Mapiah is here and was last updated in February?
> https://gitlab.com/rsevero1/mapiah/-/releases
>
> I installed 0.0.3 and it looks like it is still in the very early stages. Is
> it still under consideration for further development?

Development of Mapiah has halted.

After some talks during the last ICS, the ideia seems to be to convert WTherion
to a Electron app and further develop it. If someone knows better, please
correct me.

I want to help this movement but right now I am still stuck on finishing
reports on the Brazilian Cave Rescue course that I organized and ended last
week.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo