Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>>Benedikt, how do you feel about adding an smb DnD target type to
>>ThunarStandardView?  Should I file a feature request?
>>

>That should be done via XDS in xfsamba.

Oh, so *that* is the point of XDS.  Let the other application do all the
work.  That makes a whole lot more sense, actually.  And here I am
patching thunar-vfs to allow drag and drop from a samba browser.  Oh
well.  I still consider it time well spent, seeing as how I actually got
it to work (dragging from a samba share in nautilus into thunar).
Saying how something *should* be done is all well and good -- especially
if you tell it to whoever is going to be working on XFSamba -- but I
think there is also something to be said for making your software
interoperate with other programs which may not do things the best way.

Matt McClinch