Okido

Thanks for this. I'd forgotten about this source but found a similar
one called CTY's Math TiddlyWiki at http://www.jostylr.com/deli.html
last night, so thanks for the reminder. They both use ASCIIsvg stand
alone from the enhanced HTMLArea of Peter Jipsen and Bram Chen which
I'm hoping to use and I'm guessing that I might confuse my TW if it
includes two versions of ASCIIsvg for now.

Paolo's examples solely use script to generate graphs or other
drawings which is exactly my aim, but in addition to the graphing
front end that Bram mentions above and which works in my TWs.

They just seem to embed the code in a standard tiddler surrounded by
html tags and it'd be great if I could do that in HTMLArea but my
experiemnts have all failed and I just see the code.

CTY's surrounded the code with two backticks but that might also
complicate my copy of HTMLArea which uses a single backtick to
surround ASCIIMathML markup (as does Paolo's I think).

Lastly, both copies throw object errors when I try to display the
sample graphs and drawings in IE6 but then Paolo warns it's not tested
for IE. A quick trial at the link you posted worked fine in Firefox.

I haven't stteled on my likely browser yet though I'd prefer IE
because that's the native browser on my target PCs. Both throw
inconvenient security messages that I've still not got rid of entirely
and Firefox objects to pasting html without a complicated-looking
change to the browser environment which I'd have to do on each PC -
not very appealing.

So there's a lot left to settle but if I could just invoke ASCIIsvg
via code in addition to the graphing front end, all in HTMLArea in at
least one browser, that'd be a great step forward.

And if I can't, I may fall back to your option with FireFox. So thanks
for the clues.

Kevin