> The problem is the way that the existing tagCloud code is excluding
> the specified tags.  It doesn't actually remove those tags from the
> calculations... it simply skips over those tags when displaying.  In
> your case,  4 of your top 10 tags were excluded.  Thus, only 6 tags
> were displayed, and those tags actually fell into the bottom two
> segments.
>
> While these results are consistent with the logic that is implemented
> in the code, it is not what most people (myself included) would really
> *want* as a result.  I will have to re-write the 'exclude tags' part
> of the plugin code to truly eliminate the excluded tags from the cloud
> generation, rather than just from the cloud *output*...
>
> I'll post when I have an update available...

Doing some fiddling around myself, this seems to have the desired
effect for me, but don't know whether it causes any wider problems:

                var tags=store.getTags(); // get all tags
                for (var t=0; t<tags.length; t++) { // include/exclude specific
tags
                        if (inc.length && !inc.contains(tags[t][0])) {
                                tags[t][0]="";
                                tags[t][1]=0;
                        }
                        if (ex.length && ex.contains(tags[t][0])) {
                                tags[t][0]="";
                                tags[t][1]=0;
                        }
                }