> > Just a word of caution: As long as TiddlyWiki doesn't have a persistent
> > message store*, faded messages are irretrievable.
> I can see two additional plugins in this area:
> 1) a "log" of previous messages, probably a temporary tiddler
> #1 seems doable,

Try this:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#MessageLogPlugin

-----------
By default, messages displayed by TiddlyWiki are not retained once
they are dismissed from the display. This plugin automatically appends
each message to a shadow tiddler, MessageLog, to provide a short-term,
per-session record of messages without altering any 'real' tiddlers in
your document.

You can view the MessageLog tiddler at any time to review the previous
messages and, if you convert the shadow tiddler to a 'real' tiddler
(by editing it), then any subsequent messages will be added to that
real tiddler instead of the shadow. This real tiddler will, of course,
be saved with the rest of your TW document when you save the file,
allowing you to keep a persistent, inter-session log rather than a
short-term, per-session log.