Hi, Sorry to come up with such a basic question but I'm getting
nowhere. I've taken out the gradient and added the image but only get
a change in font and a blank background.

Could somebody put me right please. The mess can be viewed at
http://www.ettrickvillagehall.org/Events.html

The image is on the server at
http://www.ettrickvillagehall.org/wp_images/newheaderfaded.jpg
and appears to work ok. Do I need to set the image to a particular
pixel size? It's currently 1200 x 140 deep. Also, can I use a png
image instead of a jpg (to preserve the alpha transparency)

Thank you
Bob