Yes its always been Boston. The hall is 100 years old this year. I'm
charged with getting a replacement hence the web effort at the moment
with surveys and the like. It was named after Thomas Boston, a fire
and brimstone preacher! Thankfully all that's over now and we use the
hall for quite a few things, as the What's On section is now beginning
to show...now that you got me moving on the header bit. I'll try the
StyleSheet route as I've heard it's better to put tweaks in there to
avoid issues during upgrades.

I took out the whole <div class... line when I removed the gradient
(I'm no coder as you may well imagine).

What exactly do I need in the PageTemplate to make the above
suggestion work? (i.e. modify the StyleSheet as suggested)

There's a bit of history and some pictures on the hall if you are
interested.

http://www.ettrickvillagehall.org/about.html.

If your hall does similar things maybe we could swap notes.

Regards
Bob