> I had done everything you've written up to this sentence in your reply
> numerous times before writing you. I'm afraid your energy is just a
> re-iteration of the instructions.

Just to be on the safe side: You should have gotten a "requesting
enhanced privileges" dialog - did you perhaps deny that request?

Can you download a fresh copy and see whether that works?

You could also start firefox with the --profilemanager parameter,
(temporarily) create a new profile to see whether it works there.

Sorry if this seems a bit troublesome, but it's hard for us to analyze
what's happening on your end.

-- F.