I have sort of similar problem:
I have
- NA's and active projects.
- S/M actions and projects that i want to review every week or twice a
week because they're stuff that i need to make active somewhere in the
coming weeks. I suspect this is what you call the 'pending' items.
- S/M actions and projects that are just wild ideas and stuff i might
someday want to do.

The problem is that the third category is huge. I spill ideas
continuously. Sometimes small and dumb stuff, but nonetheless
important enough to write down. So what I do in monkeyGTD is create a
seperate realm "IDEAS" where I put all that stuff. And I don't review
it weekly, but monthly, nor do I review it as thorough as the
'pending' S/M list in my standard realm (which is called "NOW").

Maybe you can do something similar?

~RoninTDK