hi mat,
nice to read there's more people interested in the combination of info
visualization and TW.
I'm still hoping for something like you describe above, but the other
way around:
have the tagmindmap (or any other visualization of content) as
screenfill/background and the tiddlers pop up next to the node that's
clicked on.
My try in implementing tagmindmap and moveablePanel is at
http://www.mobilelibrary.nl

I'd love to have more info visualization plugins for TW,
my ultimate dream would be something that looks like what i did now,
but with a small menu which lets the user/reader choose between,
for instance, the hyperbolic tree of tagmindmap, a tagcloud, or a
geographical map with markers that represent the tiddlers.

And my oh my do i hope that Jeremy continues his work on Cecily!

In my opinion, the great strength of TW is the way in which it lets me
connect little bits of information that gradually build op a hive, or
network, or pattern of fields of interest. Info visualization greatly
helps in discovering connectedness between little bits and pieces. To
be able to use this not only for my own benefit, offline, but also the
fact that nothing is easier to build your own website then simply
uploading one html-file is in my view the great 'selling point' of TW!

ciao,
ML