thanks Mike and M), I could use both of these.

 As I'm looking to make use of the calendar/date/reminder plugins I'd
like to get that one going.

When you do the newReminder in the example, it only gives you the
current year and future years, not previous years.  Do you (or anyone)
happen to know how to get it to go either forward or backward in time?

thanks,

Dave