I found a reminder format for birthdays in the following:

<<reminder format:ANNIVERSARY month:01 day:01 firstyear:2000>>

which gives the correct number "(9)"

but when you do it with this date:

<<reminder format:ANNIVERSARY month:11 day:01 firstyear:2000>>

it still says "(9)"

Seeing as today's date is between the two I'd expect the second to
display "(8)"

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
-Dave