I've figured out where the error is.  Its in this tiddler:

http://mptw.tiddlyspot.com/#MptwTheme

Specifically, this code:

        (updated <span macro='view modified date {{config.mptwDateFormat?
config.mptwDateFormat:"MM/0DD/YY"}}'></span>
        by <span macro='view modifier link'></span>)
        <!--
        (<span macro='message views.wikified.createdPrompt'></span>
config.mptwDateFormat:"MM/0DD/YY"}}'></span>)
        -->

How do I manually add a space before the word "by"?

I've tried putting the 2 lines of code on one space, I've tried adding
a &nbsp, but nothing has worked yet.

I know this is really minor, but it will bother me until it's fixed.
If it's not fixed at the source, I'd at least like to fix it in my
personal TW.

thanks