If you read the original post, Internet Explorer is rendering this
code differently than Firefox.

If you go to http://mptw.tiddlyspot.com/ and look any of the tiddlers,
the subtitle will read

In FF3: (updated a year ago by MPTW)   //space before "by MPTW"
In IE6: (updated a year agoby MPTW)   //no space before "by MPTW"

It happens whether you use the PrettyDates plugin or not.

Hopefully that makes sense.  Thanks for looking at this Simon.

Mike