> > How about a html ThumbThing for text? - Opening a popup with tiddler
> > content by hovering above a link?
>
> You can achieve this with just a slight tweak to
>    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ShowPopup
> by changing
>    onclick="..."
>    onmouseover="..."
>
> enjoy,
> -e

Wow, just realized that with the slight changing of 'onclick' to
'onhover' MenuMore's top menu items can easily be changed to opening
on hover (well, not every one is as bright ;-). Replacing many plugins
which I use in combination - to create elaborate menus and have fast
access to deeply buried content of my TWs - as there are:
PopupTipsPlugin, DropdownMenuPlugin, NestedSlidersPlugin,
MoveablePanelsPlugin, InlineJavascriptPlugin...

But 'on hover' is not always that beneficial, especially with the
adaptation of MenuMore to open with variable width MainMenus (css by
FND). Though I found simple html scripts to toggle the PageTemplate,
the sidebar menus and tried to adapt these. Still, by fail and trial I
haven't been able to change them to a simple class change: from
'onclick' to 'onhover' and back again, without any further
dependencies (ie. InlineJavascriptPlugin). Therefore my question: How
a html script switch in this case would look like?

Some more questions, which arose out of creating most possible
flexible menus without dependencies to any plugins from this other
thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/TiddlyWiki/browse_thread/thread/dd115fffaa4375de/68acc6d5d58284c9

> 1) As it is, a onhover popups open below and at the first letter of a
> popup link. How do I change the css to have it open to the left of it?
>
> 2) Also I haven't found out where I lost the original behavior of
> MenuMore to start up with an opened MainMenu. Any help with this,
> or a different solution would be highly appreciated.
>
> 3) How do I trim the search box, so it can be placed into the TopMenu
> without widening it?
>
> 4) I'm grateful for any other suggestion, other css tweaks or html
> scripts worth the inclusion...

... especially ways of transclusion to make this otherwise very
mistake prone adaptation of MenuMore more foolproof to those without
prior knowledge of html and css.

regards..