On Jul 29, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Mark S. wrote:

> I don't run Safari, so I may be all wet on this, but I think Safari is
> one of several browsers that saves files via a Java applet. The applet
> might even be providing the file picker box, in which case you've hit
> a limit in the java interface. Its unlikely that members of a Safari
> forum would know about this arrangement. Perhaps you could post your
> question in the TW developers forum.

You're not all wet. The window that opens for the save has "Java
script" in the header.

Are you suggesting that there may be a way to force TiddlyWiki to
bypass the applet and use the file picker?

That would be nice. Otherwise I'll have to go back to off-loading my
TiddlWikis to a USB stick and running them on a Windows machine to
duplicate TiddlyWikis, import tiddlers, etc. And some things I won't
be able to do at all, like load images into TiddlyWikis.

I'll give the developers forum a shot.

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA