For reference purposes - the system doesn't seem to work well with the
svg 'use' command - I suspect something in xlink isn't pulling things
through properly, which explains the issues with gradients not working
in the original blog (Uses definitions).

It's a fairly severe limitation, so if anyone has a smart way of
fixing that, by all means - <G>. (http://storywiki.tiddlyspot.com/
#TiddlyWikiSVG)

That said - I haven't tested everything, but at least up through
'transform' only 'use' (and other xlink: related items - groups,
definitions, gradients) has broken. So it's not perfect, but it works.

Thanks again - Jonnan