> Don't think so. I tried LooseLinksPlugin with a very large TiddlyWiki,
> and there it isn't practical, since it slows performance badly.

I've just done a major performance re-write for LooseLinksPlugin...
instead of looping through all the tiddlers each time a TiddlyLink is
rendered, it now builds and caches an associative array 'map' that
casefolds/spacefolds all tiddler names only once, during startup, and
then updates single entries as tiddlers are added, renamed, or
deleted.

As a result of this map, when a TiddlyLink is rendered, there is no
longer any looping at all... the requested tiddler title is simply
case/space folded and then used as an index into the cached map to get
the 'real' tiddler title.

Note: although the map is now generated during startup, it actually
creates a net *decrease* in startup time because the new code only
performs the loop once, on demand, and caches the result, while the
previous looping code was being invoked numerous times, once for each
TiddlyLink rendered in the initial document content.

Get the update (v1.1.0) here:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#LooseLinksPlugin

Wolfgang: please try this with one of your jumbo TWs and get some
comparison performance metrics... thanks.

enjoy,
-e