Further to what Wolfgang said: have you tried opening Firefox in
"Safe" mode without any extensions and then opening your MonkeyGTD
file? If that works then you'd have to start considering which of your
Add-ons/extensions might be causing the problem.

With the most recent Firefox/extension upgrades I found I had to turn
CoolPreviews off and disable ResizeableTextarea in order to get my
MonkeyGTD file to work.
cmari