> >    http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ToggleReadOnly
> I think I am missing something here.  I selected the checkbox and
> tried double clicking on the tiddler and the tiddler opened as usual
> in the TidIDE Editor!  Later, I tried it on your site - again, doubble
> clicking does open the tiddler for edit.

When a document is in read-only mode, double-clicking a tiddler
*displays* the tiddler source, but does not let you *edit* that
content.

What you want to do is to disable the double-click.

The easiest way to do this is to edit [[ToolbarCommands]] and find
"+editTiddler" (in the ViewToolbar table slice).  Remove the leading
"+" to disable double-clicking.  You can, of course, still use the
"edit" toolbar command to edit a tiddler.

enjoy,
-e