> >  http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#PaletteMaker
> By the way, what's the difference between the default 216-color 'web
> safe' colors and any other?

The PaletteMaker documentation now includes a Wikipedia link to
information about the 'web safe' palette.  Summary: it's a historical
artifact left over from 8-bit graphics days, when 255 "mapped color"
graphics were common.  However, it still offers a decent set of 216
RGB combinations plus 16 grays and 14 'rainbow' colors (ROYGBIV -
light and dark), for a total of 248 color choices.

> Though PaletteMaker already now comes with many features, I thought of
> one additional one to enable quick inclusion of other StyleSheet
> relevant values, for example background pictures, as implemented
> here:http://mwanz.tiddlyspot.com/#ColorPalette

PaletteMaker has been updated.  It now supports an 'allowOther' option
that permits you to use *non-color CSS values* such as "url(...)".
When entering non-color values with 'allowOther' enabled, you will get
a second message asking to confirm the entry because it is "not a
recognized color value".  If 'allowOther' is not enabled, the non-
color input value will be rejected.  You can also include non-color
values in the color grid definition, so you can select and assign
those values to 'color' names with a single-click.  If 'allowOther' is
not enabled, non-color grid values are simply displayed as regular
wiki-formatted cell content, without the grid's 'onclick' listbox
popup being added that cell.

enjoy,
-e