> I am new at the WIKI, I understand the basic formatting, but I am
> trying to understand the style, formatting and colorpalette, and I am
> having difficulty getting the color palette added or set up. Can you
> please help?

The ColorPalette tiddler is a built-in default ("shadow tiddler").

It contains a set of "slices" that define name/value pairs, like this:

Background: #fff
Foreground: #000
PrimaryPale: #8cf
PrimaryLight: #18f
PrimaryMid: #04b
PrimaryDark: #014
SecondaryPale: #ffc
SecondaryLight: #fe8
SecondaryMid: #db4
SecondaryDark: #841
TertiaryPale: #eee
TertiaryLight: #ccc
TertiaryMid: #999
TertiaryDark: #666
Error: #f88

These 'color names' are then used in the built-in default CSS rules
contained in StyleSheetColors, like this:
   body {
      background:[[ColorPalette::Background]];
      color:[[ColorPalette::Foreground]];
   }

The "[[TiddlerName::slicename]]" syntax is automatically replaced by
the value of the referenced slice before the CSS is passed to the
browser for processing.  Thus, the above rule, as applied, is:
   body {background:#fff; color:#000;}

You can customize the content of the default ColorPalette to suit your
preferences.   Simply edit the tiddler (accessible via the
"more>shadowed" tab in the sidebar), and type in new slice definitions
or change the values of existing ones.  Then, after pressing "done", a
*real* ColorPalette tiddler will be created, superseding the default
shadow content.

Of course, hand-editing the #RGB values in the ColorPalette tiddler
isn't very convenient... and that's where PaletteMaker comes in...

Just import a copy of the PaletteMaker tiddler from:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#PaletteMaker
then, you can use the live 'color grid' shown in the PaletteMaker
Examples to change/add values to the ColorPalette without ever needing
to hand-edit that tiddler.

You can also import my TiddlyTools-customized ColorPalette:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#ColorPalette
which includes an embedded color grid along side the actual color
palette slice definitions.  Note: the layout for this tiddler uses
some CSS wrappers to apply formatting 'shortcuts' (such as 'floatleft'
and 'borderright'), which you can import from:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#StyleSheetShortcuts
Once imported, you will need to add:
   [[StyleSheetShortcuts]]
to the bottom of your custom StyleSheet, so that the extra shortcut
definitions will be automatically included in the CSS passed to the
browser.

So... import the above three tiddlers, and add the one line to
StyleSheet, and you should be all set.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman