Yes it could indeed be used from a USB key.  There are a number of
different configurations you could go for.
*TiddlyWiki files on USB key, Tiddle installed on PC, Java Installed
on PC.
*TiddlyWiki files and Tiddle installed on USB key, Java Installed on
PC.
*Everything installed on USB key.

I'd probably go for the first or second option.  If you need some help
setting it up let me know.