I think in this case I'm rather aiming to build something new on top of
TiddlyWiki5. I may revisit the rest of the TiddlyWeb protocol at a later
time and take some ideas from it. However, I think that to build something
new it would need to be built using TiddlyWiki5 from the ground up, whereas
tiddlyspot was built for TWC. That's just how I work best. For someone else
to take a different approach would not bother me at all.