After finding out that I have very little idea how syncadaptors work I
started playing with making a new one and ended up with a working pouchdb
syncadaptor.

It is very rough but it works, it will create a database and save tiddlers
to it, delete them when appropriate and then load the tiddlers when you
open it up again.

At the moment the implementation is just for one wiki, but extending it to
have multiple wikis on the same node process would be very straight forward.
It has potential for some things people have asked for like being able to
search all tiddlers in all available wikis.

As a note, this is not noteself, while it could be configured to connect to
a remote database, either pouchdb or CouchDB, it doesn't have any of the
nice features of noteself other than saving to a database.

Considering how straight froward this was making similar adaptors that work
with the various flavours of sql databases wouldn't be too hard aside from
figuring out the appropriate database schema. That is something I have
absolutely no interest in doing but this may work as a reasonable reference
design for anyone who wants to make a sql database adaptor.

There are instructions on how to use the adaptor in the readme, it is not
at all polished and requires node.

https://github.com/OokTech/TW5-PouchDBAdaptor