I only recently discovered transclusion with templates and I'm trying to
create a form that will replace each tiddler's text field with a template
transclusion.  Problem is, the view template I use for various tiddlers
varies depending on the tag of the tiddler.  To fix this, I have a form
that stores the value of the view template in the view_template field of a
tiddler called Scratch_Pad.  Problem is, when I try to apply this to the
text field of a tiddler using an action-setfield widget, I get unexpected
results.

<$wikify name="octopus" text="{{Scratch_Pad!!view_filter}}">
<$set name="squid" value="{{||<<octopus>>}}">
<$action-setfield images=<<moose>> text=<<squid>>/>
</$set>
</$wikify>

As a test case, if Scratch_Pad!!view_filter is View_Species, then the text
field of the item I'm modifying should be {{||View_Species}}.  The results
I'm getting right now are {{||<<octopus>>}}, but depending on what all I
change sometimes the text field is blank, sometimes it's just <<octopus>>.
Does anyone see how I can get this to work?