On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 1:32:03 AM UTC-8, Mat wrote:

> Mohammad wrote:
>>
>> Drag and drop in tiddlywiki.com and see how amazingly it works!
>>

> Thanks, both of you, for sharing. Please note that recursions can cause
> problems also: For example, go to tiddlywiki.com and tag the HelloThere
> tiddler with "Examples" (i.e to create a loop because Examples is a
> subtiddler to HelloThere). This does *not* cause problems. But if you add
> Mohammads creation you get RSOE. I'm not sure how native TW avoids this but
> know it was something that was actively dealt with a few years back.

This was one of my earlier TW5 contributions.  The TOC macros use an
"exclude" paramter that is dynamically updated as the recursion occurs.
Each level of recursion adds the current Tiddler to a list (using syntax
-[[tiddlername]]) so that as it dives down into the tree, any tiddler that
has already been visited in the current 'branch' is excluded from being
visited again.  This prevents infinite loops that eat up all the browser
memory and eventually cause a fatal error condition.

> A wish: One major lacking feature of current ToC's is drag'n drop-ability.
> I.e to rearrange the branches in the tree. This would be the basis for a
> super useful outliner: The next step would be a feature to "open all
> tiddlers" in a tree or a subbranch. It'd be a very powerful tool for
> authoring longer texts.

My custom TOC macros for InsideTiddlyWiki include drag-and-drop handling.
To try it, open http://www.TiddlyTools.com/InsideTW and then 'unlock' the
document (padlock icon in the upper right toolbar).  Then open the TOC
"slidebar" (menu icon in the upper left toolbar).  Then just drag-n-drop
items.  It supports "drop before", "drop after" and "drop into" handling
based on modifier keys (default=drop before, SHIFT=drop after, CTRL=drop
into).  The macro code is here:
http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FTOC%2FMacros.  See
also http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FTOC%2FTemplate
and http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/#TiddlyTools%2FTOC%2FStylesheet