On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 9:44:22 PM UTC-8, Mohammad wrote:

>  In any of toc macro is there any simple way to restrict the number of
> levels?

I've added a new optional "max" parameter to <<toc-tree>>, <<toc-all>> and
<<toc-list>>.  Thus:
   <<toc-all roottag 3>>
will show a maximum of 3 levels.  If you omit the "max" param, the full
tree depth will be displayed as before.

Note that if you also want to use the "exclude" param without a "max"
value, you will need to use either named parameters
   <<toc-all here:roottag exclude:"ThisTag ThatTag">>
or "" as a placeholder for the missing max param:
   <<toc-all roottag "" "ThisTag ThatTag">>
Alternatively, you can use the <$macrocall> widget syntax, which always
uses named parameters:
   <$macrocall $name="toc-all" here="roottag" exclude="ThisTag ThatTag" />

One minor tweak still to be done for <<toc-tree>>:
when the 'max' level is reached, if more levels are present for that item
it will still show an open/close arrow.
Even so, toggling this arrow will NOT show any more levels.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes...

-e