Hi Eric,

 Works like a charm!
It is fantastic and beats the MS-Word outliner and TOC generator in many
ways!
If Tiddlywiki sports printing CSS to create book like those publishers uses
like Elsevier or Wiley,
then we could use TW for production!

The TOC tools from http://tiddlytools.com/InsideTW/ now more feature rich
comparing to the current core toc macro!
I hope people support this to be included in the core!

--Mohammad

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 2:57:12 PM UTC+3:30, Eric Shulman wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 9:44:22 PM UTC-8, Mohammad wrote:
>>
>>  In any of toc macro is there any simple way to restrict the number of
>> levels?
>>

> I've added a new optional "max" parameter to <<toc-tree>>, <<toc-all>> and
> <<toc-list>>.  Thus:
>    <<toc-all roottag 3>>
> will show a maximum of 3 levels.  If you omit the "max" param, the full
> tree depth will be displayed as before.
>
> Note that if you also want to use the "exclude" param without a "max"
> value, you will need to use either named parameters
>    <<toc-all here:roottag exclude:"-[[ThisTag]] -[[ThatTag]]">>
> or "" as a placeholder for the missing max param:
>    <<toc-all roottag "" "-[[ThisTag]] -[[ThatTag]]">>
> Alternatively, you can use the <$macrocall> widget syntax, which always
> uses named parameters:
>    <$macrocall $name="toc-all" here="roottag" exclude="-[[ThisTag]]
> -[[ThatTag]]" />
>
> One minor tweak still to be done for <<toc-tree>>:
> when the 'max' level is reached, if more levels are present for that item
> it will still show an open/close arrow.
> Even so, toggling this arrow will NOT show any more levels.

I confirm this, while it is not a big deal! But it would be nice to have
this fixed!