@Thomas -- the radio button doesn't bind to tag fields, and doesn't have a
documented action attribute (though I think all widgets inherit an action
attribute).

@Dave

I think the technique I developed for this thread

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/O5Mg0naxHl4/RW19q37HAQAJ

could be adapted for your use. Basically, it binds the checkbox to a dummy
field so the presentation is
controlled by the code and not by the relation. Then it uses checkaction
and uncheckaction
to actually change tag state.

The question that immediately comes to mind is, won't there be times when
you went
to see two reference presentations at once?