Hi David

> 1. Yet again, Facebook is the inspiration for TiddlyWiki design and color
> choices. The transformation will be complete when we change the name to
> something that starts with F and put a white F to the left of the search bar.
> :-)

:)

The toolbar is actually the standard TW5 blue colour that we use for links.

> 2. Another possible option for the topbar to offer in the configuration menu
> to consider: link(s) to the default tiddler(s). Turned off by default but
> there as an option for users.

The “Home” button can be added to the menu bar by enabling the “page control
buttons”.

> 3. Since TW detects scrunched mobile screens, and since key sidebar items can
> go in the topbar, could we finally hide the sidebar automatically for mobile?
> I find it frustrating that one's default tiddler is not the first thing a
> visitor sees on a small device, so on my pages I routinely hide the sidebar.
> Maybe that is worth considering by default for tiddlywiki.com.

That is indeed my intention.

> 4. I hope the stickies situation can be fixed. Love me my stickies and even
> use them in edittemplate...

Yes indeed, I’m investigating solutions.

> 5. Like Tony, I would like the customizability option to set this to zero to
> hide it if needed.

Set what to zero? The height of the menu bar?

> 6. The topbar color should have its own line in the palette editor, for
> customizability.

In order for the menu bar colours to appear in the palette editor by default
we’d have to define those colours in the standard core palettes, which is
somewhat inconsistent with the fact that the menu bar is packaged as a plugin.
In general, plugins should be independent of the core, and we try to avoid
shipping components of plugins as part of the core.

So, since we don’t want to add colour entries to the core for every plugin that
might want to introduce new ones, the present situation is that the colours
fallback to values in the plugin (see
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/4afde5a722afc91c826305800ba536c5fe8ef2e5

<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/4afde5a722afc91c826305800ba536c5fe8ef2e5>),
 but can be defined in the palette editor by adding the entries
menubar-foreground and menubar-background to the current palette.

> 7. Way to go, nice new feature for TW.

Thanks!

Best wishes

Jeremy