Birthe

> Begging is not allowed in Denmark.
> Now some hostels all over Denmark has made an agreement, that the homeless
> paper sellers can be housed there for free for now. (Free for the homeless
> that is, the homeless paper is paying, the hostels lowering their prices.
> A lot of other things going on as well. For now the most important thing
> is to give them at chance to get off the streets and have a place to stay.

Right. In Northern Italy here in Gorizia most beggars (allowed) are
refugees from Africa. We have many. My friendly beggar from Nigeria left
the supermarket entrance some days ago saying "I can't risk it." He already
has state provision. Italy is good in that way. Very few people are truly
homeless.

TT