TT,

I know. About 50 years ago it was used for Malaria.
Now for a few other diagnoses.
Widely used in Africa for Malaria, yes, but really also for a lot of other
things. Kind of we are taking a pill for headache.

Many countries did not have restrictions on the medical profession to use
it - laws changed rapidly a very short time ago.

No matter how well known the medicin, you need to be able to buy it before
you can use it. It is not available to buy right now. Shortage due to
demand like everything else, masks, tests, respirators.

Birthe