TT,

The young doctors are entusiastic and good, but they do not get to have the
same practical experience. Not only because of few hospitals. Also due to
more and more sick being treated without staying at hospital. Really
getting thrown out to heal by themselves at home.
It is a learning experience to receive a patient, take part in the
diagnostics and treatment and being able to follow the healing. The small
hospitals and the older way of doing things did that very much possible
(Could not be avoided).

It will be even harder to learn when the robots and AI take over. A lot of
danish doctors are really over retirement age or close. Experience and
teaching are leaving.

Politicians are even discussing to send newly graduated, without the basic
postgraduate training out to compensate for the lack of family doctors.
That will be a very harsh start and not fair to the young - or the patients.

The young do not like it as it is at least not after the first few years
after graduation.

Birthe