Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for responding. I did as you suggested and it made no difference.
The default tab for the sidebar is stuck at Contents no matter what I've
tried.

When this thread started last fall, Birthe's solution worked for me. That
may be because I was actually wanting it to default to Contents at the
time.  There must be something in my TW that is causing this. I'm going to
try to strip down my TW to the bare bones to see if something makes a
difference. I suppose, in the meantime, I can put the material that I want
into the Contents tab and move on, but I'd like to know what is going on. I
guess it's the engineer in me.

Damon