Damon,

I understand. Working through every detail can be time consuming.

   - I suggest you make a minimal example of your problem, Test it on
   Tiddlywiki.com or a new empty tiddler and share that code here so I/we can
   replicate and solve the problem.

So often when someone prepares an example case like this, they solve the
problem themself, anyway, if not, we can definitely help with less
time/effort on our part as well.

Regards
Tony