Hello,

I would like to add some ::before and ::after content using CSS to the
dynamically generated lists around the UI, for example, lists of tiddlers
in the sidebar, and in plugins, and so on. The problem is that due to the
HTML formatting of the list items, there is always a whitespace node after
the ::before content and before the ::after content.

Here is what I want:
[before content]Some listed tiddler[after content]

Here is what I get:
[before content] Same listed tiddler [after content]

Here is how the HTML is formatted:
<a>
Tiddler title
</a>

Here is how the HTML should be formatted:
<a>Tiddler title</a>

This applies to <li> tags as well, and maybe others.

There is no way to remove those whitespace nodes with CSS.

If anyone knows how fix this by editing system tiddlers, I would be willing
to dabble, but I have no idea where to look.

Thanks,

Kalcifer