Hi Cmari,
 Todolist actually does not delete the previous todos, but there is a
change in new version which does not shows the Todos from previous version!
In the old version, if you open the $:/ControlPanel and then Plugins,
Todolist and then Internals tab you see all the internals used for keeping
your Todos!
You can even export them and email to somebody else and even share on other
devices, so one can keep all those todos.

What happen in 1.2.1?
The internals now can be accessed from $:/ControlPanel, Settings with one
small change, the naming rule

The old version uses $:/plugins/kookma/todolist/data/ as prefix!
The new version uses  $:/todolist/data as prefix

The reason was, I got feedback, the prefix $:/plugins/kookma/todolis is
used form plugin itself!

What you can do?
Simply correct the prefix and they will appear in new version!
I may recommend Tiddler-Commander to do this for you with few clicks.

Please let me know, if I can be of any help. I also add the note to
tutorial for this issue!

Many thanks for your feedback and sorry for trobles.

--Mohammad