Klass,

I may just add too that it can depend on your data and the way you
represent it that determines how many tiddlers you need as well. I suggest
using independent tiddlers as much as you want to structure your tiddlywiki
well. If at a later date you need to consolidate this you can restructure.
For example in one of my wikis I have a few lists to select from that I
have inside data tiddlers rather than a tiddler each. Also depending on how
you use tags there is a tendency to have too many tags in use and these can
be moved to alternative tag fields or represented in fields.

There are so many ways to optimise tiddlywiki including strategic
redesigns  to address such needs.

There are also various indexing mechanisms to support performance.

Regards
Tony