LineOneTwo,

the Roam bi-directional link is a very interesting feature, maybe the most
interesting one of the app.

There is a “fork” of TiddlyWiki called TiddlyBlink, which does that. It
basically puts the “References” box, that is normally hidden, at the bottom of
the tiddler.
That’s the version I’m using because of that. So, it does more or less the same
as your solution, although you might find the TB solution slightly more refined.