Si,

In the prerelease version there is the freelinks plugin. It highlights text
that is also found in a tiddler title. This creates a link to open that
title so it allows you to discover matching titles. If you add to this the
ability in the editor to excise selected text into at tiddler and link that
phrase will be highligited anywhere it appears in future. In this case you
do not need to rely on tags.

There are in fact too many possibilities with tiddlywiki to share them all,
with predictive text options being explored in Editor Magic of Mats and
prior work.

I also believe even when we are collecting apparently unstructured
information possible tags and categorizations of a general nature start to
appear, you can then leverage tiddlywikis flexibility and introduce these
as needed gradually semi-structuring and learning from your content.

Regards
Tony