Yes, it works now.  When I tried it before I was doing it over a VNC
connection (although I don't see how that should affect anything), but yes
its working now :)

Regarding the TableHelper plugin,

it definitely is a good helper, but doesn't actually convert a copy-pasting
of a pdf table (at least one with multiple lines in a cell) to the original
format.  But it is definitely a time saver to skip steps in the inevitable
edit-table-by-hand work you'd have to do to get the table right :)