Without installing additional things using localStorange in the browser is
unreliable. There isn't any real nuance there, the browser can clear it out
without informing you. The browser developers have been pretty clear that
this isn't going to be the default state for the foreseeable future and
isn't likely to ever change.

If you install something additional, like a browser extension, you can get
around this limitation. But we know that because we have browser extensions
that save wikis (tiddlyfox, etc). Using a browser extension that saves the
wiki in the browser is a step backwards from those other solutions because
you have to install something anyway and, while the saved wiki isn't
necessarily in danger of being lost without warning, the wiki is only
available in that browser on that computer, it isn't sharable unless you
use some other saver, like the built-in download saver, to get a copy that
you can then move around or share.