Anjar,

What you did by now is really clean and semantic!

You may have few button hidden on mouse hover are displayed! See the nice
work of Nicolas Petton here
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/uHr7ocitnGk/rR2vxKVFBAAJ

On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11:22:03 PM UTC+4:30, Anjar wrote:

> Hi Mohammad, thanks for the comments!
>
> I used dates as titles because these are unique and hidden, whereas the
> displayed title is another field (texttitle) - this was to make it possible
> to have several tiddlers with the same title. Alternatively, a header could
> have been used instead of any titles, but I think it can be useful with a
> specific fieldu

Okay, So it makes sense, I think the page number is not useful and can be
removed! You can use automatic page numbering if it is required! I am sure
Eric Shulman few days ago post a reply on that!
It is good to  use tagpill to reorder the slides but this can be done using
a dashboard or simple from sidebar/More/Tags

> The simplest way to edit tiddlers is to use the tiddler manager, I think,
> but it is indeed tiresome. Maybe I should put a check box to hide/show the
> edit button in the sidebar? Or even better - have the tiddler already open
> in edit mode in the sidebar?
>
> I tried to edit the edittemplate to use the texttitle field as title, but
> couldn't figure it out. And I thought the simple form would be user
> friendly as you don't have to think about fields showing in different ways
> (the title is separated from the text which is again separated from the
> other fields). Could the solution be to continue using a custom form, but
> integrating the full editor instead of a simple text area, and then skip
> step 2?

Still I do not understand the two step mechanisms!