Hi Martin

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM Martin Piron <piron.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much, Dave.
>
> Another thing I noticed (sorry, I hope this is not annoying to you ?)

No, not annoying, very helpful. Because TiddlyWiki is so adaptable, there
is no way I can test every possible thing that users will do with it. So I
need to hear these kinds of things in case there are refinements or
instructions I need to put in place.

is that increasing the sidebar width setting while in "fluid story, fixed
> sidebar" layout does not actually extend the sidebar any more, it just
> creates a margin between the story and sidebar. This renders the TiddlyMap
> usage quite challenging...

Yes, I think the Stories plugin affects or limits what you can do with the
sidebar/story river measurements. Have you tried also experimenting with
top two measurements in the Control panel > Appearance > Two Story Layout?
Saq has a really wide screen and had it set at 1500px. I have an average
laptop, and had to adjust it to 1100px. I don't know what kind of screen
you are working on, or what you are seeing, so it is hard to offer advice.

TiddlyMap is probably only going to work in one column mode. I think it has
ways of opening up as a separate tiddler, though. Sorry, I haven't worked
much with that plugin.

> Is there a setting somewhere in Stroll (I noticed that behavior on a plain
> Stroll file) that fixes the sidebar width disregarding the Sidebar width
> setting in $:/ControlPanel ?

See Control panel > Appearance > Two Story Layout should be what you are
looking for.