As a recent user of TiddlyWiki, with no coding experience, I agree with a
lot of Edgaras has said in his posts. TiddlyWiki is highly customizable,
but there is also a high barrier of entry to it.

I think new users would use the lists-link macro, but most of their writing
would just be text, with some formatting. And the formatting is already
different from most other options around. In almost all text-editors I used
a # means a header. But in tiddlywiki it makes a numbered list. Same for
*italics* in markdown and //italics// in TiddlyWiki. To me this adds
friction, because I need to learn a new formatting style. Yes, there is a
markdown plugin for it to work around it, but finding plugins aren't the
user-friendliest experience either.

Because when I was looking for plugins, there are multiple online lists,
personal plugin libraries, and this forum to spit and search through. There
is a big time investment to look for plugins that do what you need. I once
spent a lot of time trying to do something myself, but only afterwards
realising there was a plugin for that case. When there is a build in system
(the plugin library) within a TiddlyWiki it is weird to me that it is not
being used (outside of just the official plugins). Instead everyone hosts
their own plugin and you'll have to find the website and drag & drop it
from there. It would be a lot easier and helpful for new users to have a
central list of plugins in a plugin library that is accessible from
TiddlyWiki within.

Thirdly, I agree with the comments about the editor experience. I take
study notes that I store in TiddlyWiki. because I think TIddlywiki can
serve well as a Zettelkasten-like. But taking them within the text-editor
of a tiddler itself isn't that nice of an experience. It is just a plain
text box with a lot of buttons and fields around it that can be
distracting. I noticed that I gravitated towards taking my notes somewhere
else that was easier on the eye and less distracting and then copying my
notes in TiddlyWiki. But then I run into the problem that most other text
editors use another type of formatting style.

In summary, I think these three points can really help new users ease into
TiddlyWiki more:
1) Change the formatting towards the common standard (*italics* and #header
instead of //italics// and !header)
2) Make user made plugins accessible from within a plugin library in
TiddlyWiki. A central place to publish plugins.  (instead of them being
scattered around online lists and forums)
3) Update the tiddler editing experience to a more modern design that is
easier on the eye and less distracting

The reason I am still working with TiddlyWiki, is that I also kinda enjoy
fiddling with it. I like the potential to be able to fit it to my own
needs, something other software doesn't have. And I love it for it (and
also because of the help i've gotten on this forum). But I think this isn't
the case for a lot of potential users. They just want something that works
out of the box and I think the amount of mentions elsewhere of Stroll as a
roam replacer is proof of it. People are willing to try out something that
is already designed around a user-case, but may be turned away by the
friction/upfront time investment that still exists.