I am not sure disabling refresh would be a good idea. Importing plugins
containing javascript still needs you to refresh your wiki in the browser.
Also I have found that the few times the browser goes down on me, I need to
refresh the tab containing my tiddlywiki not to miss the latest notes I
wrote before it happened.
Most often when my tiddlywiki is on tiddlyspot, I have the setting to
autosave my wiki. I do so because tiddlyspot is really good with backups.

Birthe