Souk21,

Thanks so much for sharing this. I think it is superb, the more hack-able
you can keep it the better as I can see many potential applications, why
build them all yourself when others will do it for you?

The idea is to permit extensibility while keeping it as close to standard
tiddlywiki features as possible, the tool could then make substantial
contributions to many existing and future solutions.

A Wonderful discovery I just made, is any drag-able link can be dropped
into your, and the standard search field, saving typing when the content is
available. Copy paste is the same (of course) emphasising the value of
being able to copy results to the clipboard.

Some ideas, please don't be overwhelmed, just inspired,

   - Done the right way the community can build a library of "commands"
   that are practical for any user, and or designer and we can share them
   saving development time. Can we make it respond to existing methods?
   - I see value in more than one operating mode, a limited set of commands
   for one user/wiki mode, more for another, just to keep it simple and
   controlled, and not too big a list when not needed.
   - It would be nice to find alternatives for most node js tiddlywiki
   commands (where relevant)
   - It would be nice, on generating a list from a search, or filter, to be
   able to copy the title, the list of tiddlers or the content of a tiddler to
   the clipboard so we can rapidly acquire content from elsewhere in the wiki.
   Helping users, authors, coders, designers.
   - Being able to write commands that interact with the server such as bob
   would be nice. Using a server message.
   - How can we deal with passing other parameters?
   - Could we get this to past the resulting "command" into edited text
   fields for quick coding from stored patterns. Perhaps even a separate but
   similar tool
   - On TiddlyDesktop the actions and links can actually open file
   explorers, apps and run batches, interacting with the local OS, so there is
   great potential for desktop management tools or text based search and
   execute. Work flow tools that help actually do the work.
   - The problem with actions in tiddlywiki is they always need a trigger,
   if the act of searching for that action in the first place, also provides
   the trigger to its execution you have really improved the interface, big
   time.
   - Perhaps it is already possible but I would love to be able to type say
   showcode and clicking the result would set a tag, field or config tiddler
   to yes for a given tiddler (currentTiddler) we have methods to identify the
   current tiddler navigated from.

In a related project of mine, I have created a tool called "search
indicators", which monitors the standard temp search field and presents a
set of icons depending on the content, specifically the prefix, a little
like your tool, I mention this because they could exchange features. I am
yet to fully understand your features, but here is a list of the current
methods under development. You can see how it is quite similar. Think the
idea of the appearance of buttons and or keystrokes according to conditions
may help keep your solution from looking too complex. I think you have some
of these covered.

   - Detect filters with a leading [
   - Detect system tiddlers with a leading $
   - Detect macros or variables with a leading << optionally show its value.
   - Detect html with a leading < only
   - Detect and search for hash tags in text with a leading #
   - Detect if the string is the prefix for other tiddlers
   - Detect if the string is the suffix for other tiddlers
   - Detect if the string is the title of an existing tiddler, eg system
   tiddler even if the standard results exclude system tiddlers
   - If the tiddler title exists, offer open, edit, open in new window
   buttons
   - Detect if the string is found in a keywords field
   - Search a specific field in system tiddlers eg system-caption so system
   tiddlers otherwise not included in non system tiddlers can be found eg tag
   manager mat link to

In each of these cases action buttons appear, for example if the string
provided is a prefix for more than one tiddler then a button allowing you
to search again with the string as the prefix is made available.

I really appreciate you sharing this with us all.

Great work.
TonyM