@Joshua I guess we could argue that the refresh issue is a feature and not
a bug ;)

So the editing of the text actually creates a draft tiddler and all editing
happens in that, which has the added benefit that you can cancel and not
commit your changes (a feature that I don't think we realize how useful it
is until we need it).

For the field, when you edit you are writing to a temp tiddler, hitting the
save button for a field copies the value to the story tiddler.